Wednesday, February 2, 2011

taking care of business!

Hi everyone: Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. It means alot to us just knowing all the
prayers offered up on our behalf. Well, your prayers are being answered. We are all in great health and have been learning so much. Last night we met with the chairman of Touch Ministries (Johnson) and the treasurer (Frances). These two gentlemen have great visions, not only for Touch Ministries but for the spiritual healing for the families of Ogooma(where it all begins).
     Today, Frank met with the water engineer to discuss future planning with the water well. Maybe not quite what we wanted to hear, but definitely received a better understanding. After lunch we returned to the beautiful children. Ogooma children are so incredibly loving, words could not describe. I don't think I have been hugged so much in my whole entire life. We made braceletes with the children with their names on there, which was to my benefit, cause there is so many children I just can't remember. Also played soccer with them and they danced and sang for us, and ending again with such beautiful prayers. When we returned, we joined Rosemary and her children Alex,Julie, Teddy, Jean and Petra for dinner. So precious to visit with them.
     Tomorrow is the offical celebration of the orphanage. Really looking forward to what I know is going to be an amazing time. Please pray for this celebration, I know Rosemary is under lots of pressure with Head officials that are going to be there.
       Thanks again for all the encouragement. Having a wonderful time. The next will have come see us when we return cause we have a few new suggestions and they are great. Made are stay here very loving.
Mackayla, you are also such an encouragement that your pictures is official put on the dining room hall where all the children eat. Please continue to pray for satey and health, as it is so good that not even the "delicate one" feels sick. That is amazing. Early rise tomorrow so I am off to bed. Sending greetings to our church.

Praise to the Lord of all Lords, and king of all kings, we serve an an amazing God.


Sherry
The Real Team

3 comments:

PK said...

You have now officially been on your journey for a week. I was praying for the Grand Opening Celebration today and for Frank as he spoke. I am sure he did a great job. We will continue to pray for health and safety. We will pray for big hearts to accept all the love that comes your way. We will pray for wisdom for the days ahead.
In Him
Pastor Kevin

marjorie said...

Real Team - Rosemary and family - children and Ogooma people - How precious to hear from you and that all are feeling good - may each one of you feel the presence of the Lord in a very special and beautiful way TODAY..You exude such joy when you talk about the children Sherry - I can't wait to hear the stories you will all be able to share with us - I pray for continued health and safety and for wisdom in your remaining days in Uganda - I thank God for all those involved - the world over - in their involvement with this TOUCH PROJECT - We do have an AMAZING GOD - take care of yourselves - God bless - love marjorie

PK said...

aw thanks so much! It has truly been a blessing to be able to help out with t.o.u.c.h. I hope that someday I can be there crying tears of joy and thanking the lord of what an amazing privilage it is. I hope they liked there presents! God bless..


Mikayla